THIS YEAR'S SESSION
JUNE 7- JULY 2, 2021
Registration begins March 1
JUNE 5, 2021
Who are we?
The Jimmy Club Day Camp is a family run camp rich in tradition and nostalgia. Located in St. Rose, Louisiana, 30 minutes outside New Orleans along historic River Road, it is situated on 14 idyllic acres. One hundred and fifty girls, ages 5 through 10, can experience the adventure of a sleep away camp atmosphere without actually leaving home. Jimmy Club’s noncompetitive and creative environment challenges and empowers young girls with such diverse activities as music, art and crafts, and sports including swimming, tennis, archery, dance/cheer/tumbling/creative movement, basketball, obstacle course, and soccer, all of which take place outside.
A summer at Jimmy Club will leave your daughter with a lasting impression of strong friendships, fun memories, and respect, care, and understanding for her fellow campers.
Jimmy Club is divided into 8 age groups distinguished by colors: pink, aqua, yellow, orange, green, blue, red, and purple. Each “color” will have 2 counselors and between 10 to 18 campers. Throughout the day, campers will travel with their designated color groups to four different activities per day. Counselors split up into their activities, but spend meeting, snack, lunch, and rest time with their own group.
1. Sports gives girls the opportunity to rotate through a variety of sports such as soccer, volleyball, frisbee, and baseball.
2. Campers are taught swimming skills through lessons and games every day. Our pool has a three foot deep shallow end that allows girls to feel comfortable and creates a safe environment for girls that cannot swim.
3. Girls learn the rules of tennis and practice a variety of tennis skills.
4. Campers will have an opportunity to explore many aspects of art such as painting, drawing, building, mixing colors, and art history. Local artists will visit to help with special projects.
5. Each group will learn a cheer to be performed at the end of the session. Campers will also learn basic tumbling skills.
6. Each group will learn a special dance to be performed for the entire camp during the last week.
7. Girls get to practice outdoor skills and games and can enjoy our low ropes course.
Commitment to Inclusion
We believe, here at Jimmy Club, that camp is a place for exploration and discovery, where girls grow together and build long lasting friendships. Jimmy Club fosters acceptance amongst campers and strives to create a supportive and caring space where girls gain the confidence to express themselves fully. However, we also understand that sleep away, outdoor camps, and other summer programs like ours have traditionally been places attended by mostly people with privilege.
In order to change the industry and show our responsibility to the community, Jimmy Club will reinforce its commitment to creating an inclusive, diverse, and equitable community of girls— one that welcomes and benefits all campers and staff. We hope that through this dedication, we can better serve the Greater New Orleans area, especially the St. Rose community within which we are based. We plan to more accurately represent the Greater New Orleans population, to reflect the diversity in race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, and life experience both in our campers and in our staff. In doing this, we will also create a supportive and compassionate environment that will allow campers and staff to feel comfortable, empowered, and to understand new perspectives.
To make all of this a reality, we will offer scholarships and financial assistance to provide less of an entry barrier, engage our staff in intensive and all inclusive training, and partner with local outside organizations that will strengthen and support our values.